Performance & training program to prepare for college BFA programs and beyond.
Weekly training focused on improving vocal, dance and acting technique while increasing knowledge of theatre history, musical repertoire, music theory and the business of theater. Monthly master classes taught by guest teaching artists to expand student’s ability and knowledge of the arts.
- Vocal technique, health, anatomy & alignment
- Build Audition Binder- expanding repertoire with a variety songs, 32 and 16-bar cuts (i.e. legit, patter, character, ballad, up-tempo, contemporary)
- Large ensemble, small group, duets & solos
- Audition video submission coaching
- Physical conditioning to build strength and flexibility
- Build and retain a solid technical foundation rooted in classic ballet
- Written and physical dance terminology and concept exams
- Storytelling through song
- Performance coaching
- Performance opportunities
- Study guides and exams to prepare students for college placement exams and the professional world
EXAMPLES OF MASTER CLASSES OFFERED
Resume and headshots
The business of theatre (agents, unions)
Cabaret performance training
College BFA program information
By audition and invitation. We will select students for this program who are serious about their training and have the intention of pursuing the arts in college and beyond.
Conservatory will have individual gigs as well as be included in some Performing Ensemble events.
6-7:30pm- physical conditioning, dance technique & dance terminology
7:30-8:30pm- vocal conditioning, picking material, preparing/staging songs, music theory & musical theatre history
Contact Renee@lamorindatheatreacademy.com for more information